Do you want to use your Structural Engineer-, People- and Project Management-skills to contribute to a better and more sustainable future, then this position might be for you! We are looking for a passionate Structural Lead Engineer who wants to use his or her excellent technical skills and insights to shape the world of wind power.
Job descriptionFor one of our customers we’re looking for a structural lead engineer. The team is responsible for designing project specific offshore wind turbine towers and foundations, focusing on the primary (load carrying) structure. The team handles not only the structural design, but also the drawings, production specifications, assesses any production deviations and is involved in new technology development. The team is based at multiple European locations.
In this position, you responsibilities include:
- Point of contact within your project(s) regarding the tower design scope, from the sales phase through installation.
- Creation and monitoring of project plans focused on project deliverables.
- Design and analysis of project specific towers, covering tower shells, flange connections, doorframe, and other details in accordance with e.g. Eurocode/DNVGL standards.
- Execution of detailed analytical and/or FE analyses.
- Regular alignment with stakeholders, including the external and internal clients such as: project management, CAD design, supply chain and logistics.
- Delivery of documentation and technical drawings for certification.
- Occasional (international) travel may be involved for project meetings.
The organization:Our client is leading the way forward in the renewable energy sector. They provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable wind power. Because of their scale, global reach and proven track record, they will play a central role in shaping the energy landscape of the future. They are engaged in both offshore and onshore wind projects.
Education, experience and skills:
- MSc degree in mechanical or civil engineering or an equivalent field.
- At least 3-5 years proven experience working as a structural engineer analyzing (steel) structures using both analytical and numerical methods.
- It is considered an advantage when you have experience in the offshore (wind) industry and when you are familiar with relevant (offshore) design standards such as Eurocode, DNVGL, etc.
- It is paramount that you are proficient in English, both in reading and writing.
- You have project management experience.
- You enjoy reaching a joint solution that encompasses both technical and commercial aspects.
- You thrive in an international environment; our projects bring together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures and authorities.
- We are looking for a person with good communication and presentation skills.
- You are EU-citizen and able to engage in a longterm working relationship in the Netherlands.
- In addition you are enthusiastic, decisive, self-starting, result-oriented, customer focused, resourceful and creative.
What we have to offer?
- A job at an international leader within the renewable energy sector.
- Working with an inspiring and diverse (international) team on complex and challenging technical issues.
- The ability to have a positive contribution for a cleaner and more sustainable future.
Interested?Are you interested in this position and do you meet the required qualifications? Please send your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Richard Baak for more information, telephone 0182 – 555 151.
About Qualified PeopleFor over 26 years Qualified People has been a leading player in Secondment, Recruitment & Selection, Organizational Advice, Interim Management and Payrolling of staff.
We specialize in the branches:
Maritime & Offshore, Industrial Services and the Energy / Oil & Gas sector
Within these sectors we focus on the following areas:
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Instrumentation (E&I), Finance & Control and Human Resource Management (HRM).
Qualified People. Mainport for Top Talent.