Job descriptionAs a Lead Specialist you are an expert within your discipline. It’s your task to improve efficient and consistent engineering (processes). You will also be involved in a supportive role for other technical departments and you provide operational support in the engineering department (if required).
In this position your responsibilities include:
- Determine relevant actions for optimal execution of the work based on policy plans.
- Provide technical guidance to colleagues who are involved in the development and elaboration of standards.
- Develop standards within the technical discipline.
- Consulting others when making new standards.
- Reviewing standards and suggests standards for release.
- Evaluation of and follow up on the newly developed standards.
- Ensuring that existing knowledge within in your discipline reaches a higher level within in the organisation. Making sure this knowledge is recognized within the engineering department and with subcontractors.
- Analysing engineering processes and suggesting proposals for improving working methods.
- Recommend improvements with regard to engineering tools, products and concepts.
- Ensuring that standards, processes and knowledge are applied consistent within engineering projects.
- Providing technical advice to other technical departments.
- Within engineering the first point of contact for projects and technical support.
About the companyOur client has been active in shipbuilding for more than a century. Once started as a small family business, the organization has now become part of a major international player in shipbuilding and has specialized in luxury yacht building.
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical Engineering and/or Shipbuilding).
- Experience in a similar job (10 years).
- Knowledge of and experience in yachtbuilding (o.a. rules & regulations).
- Knowledge of engineering.
- Experience in MS-Office and other relevant applications.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Living in the EU and a long-term visa to work in the Netherlands.
The company offers
- A challenging and responsible position in luxury yacht building.
- Excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions.
- A long-term project with the possibility of permanent employment.
- Training and development opportunities.
Interested?If you think that you are the right Lead Specialist please contact Richard Baak for more job details or to apply. You can mail your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him by phone (0031)182 55 51 51.
About Qualified PeopleQualified People focusses on the candidates!
We give talent the personal approach and all the attention they deserve. With us it’s all about the people. Of our clients, we like to know what our candidates can expect on both the content of the vacancies, as well as the social and cultural context of the vacancies.
This way we offer both candidates and clients a safe haven for great talent.
Qualified People is active as an intermediate within the branches Maritime & Offshore, Energy, Oil and Gas, Interior Construction and Industrial Services for 26 years.
Within these branches, the focus is on the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Interior Construction, Finance & Control and Human Resource Management.